A photo of my baby every week for a year!
Aoife Louise, 1 Year (22 Months)
We had a lovely Autumn walk to collect conkers 😍
Someone made herself comfortable in mummy’s bed!
Thank you for reading!
See you next week!
Day 16 of Blogtober17! We’re halfway through and i’ve actually managed to write a blog post for all prompts so far! Today’s prompt is “phobias” now I have quite a fear things I am afraid of so I am going to look at what they are actually named!
Nyctophobia – Fear of Darkness and Night (also known as Scotophobia, Lygophobia or Achluphobia)
Mottephobia – Fear of Moths
Autophobia – Fear of Isolation (Also known as Monophobia, Isolophobia or Eremophobia)
Arachnophobia – Fear of Spiders
Acrophobia – Fear of Heights
Thanks to Aoife I have tried to face a lot of my fears head on as I really don’t want to project my fears onto her. Although I still struggle with spiders and moths!
Thanks for reading!
See you tomorrow
Today’s prompt is “old photos”. Well thanks to the likes of facebook, photo albums definately aren’t like they used to be! As amazing as that technology is I still love a hard copy of a photo and often get them printed (thanks to likes of apps on my phone!)
This little gem is my siblings and I (you can thank me later guys!) Circa 2000! Cheers mum for allowing me to leave the house with hair like that. It’s cute on toddler but not so cute on a 9 year old! Resulted in me being called “pineapple head” A LOT haha!
I love this photo! This is me circa 1994ish. On holiday at holiday park (the lovely Ladram Bay) that we still visit occasionally! I actually have a similar photo of Aoife (but not at Ladram Bay) and it’s lovely to look at the comparisons!
Of all old photos my favourites to look at are those of my parents (that’s my dad above!) I love a good old fashioned black and white photo. The one of above is from the mid sixties!
As a child I would spend hours sifting through photo albums and packets of photos, especially at my Grandma’s I loved looking at her old photos (still do haha!)
Anyway, thank you for reading and see you again tomorrow!
I’ve reached day 14 woohoo! Today’s prompt is novels so here is a list of novels I think you should all read!
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – Long before it was a blockbuster movie epic! The Harry Potter franchise was a bunch of books! Really good books! I remember being hooked from the moment I read it as an 11 year old and now as a 26 year old it is still as good! If you have never read any of the Harry Potter books but have seen the films are you even a Potter fan?
2. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck – I have always had a love of books and when we were required to read books as a group in GCSE years (omg yawn… was not a fan of having to listen to slow, monotone readers. Sorry not sorry) I would always read ahead and this book was no exception!
3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins – Again another blockbuster movie franchise and the books are so much better! As much as I love a bit of Jennifer Lawrence, and she does make an amazing Katniss Everdeen, I love using my imagination to read!
4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett – Yet another book made into a film (is there any that aren’t films?) I absolutely love this book! It’s such an emotive story and so very well written!
5. The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – Another book turned film but in my opinion (of course) the book is so much better! There is only so much detail that can go into a film!
6. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold – Such an incredibly emotive story and written so incredibly well (they made a film of this too, again the book is better!)
7. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky – This for me has me balling like a baby at the end (the film did too, shock horror a film of a book I loved!) A very emotive subject comes to light as the protagonist deals with severe depression!
Thank you for reading and see you tomorrow!
Today’s #Blogtober17 prompt was “Movies”. To keep in theme of my blog here are my top 10 Halloween films for Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers!
1. Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie – Halloween in the 100 acre wood, every one is excited to go trick or treating BUT Pooh Bear eats all the sweets!
2. It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – Linus waits optimistically in the pumpkin patch!
3. Curious George: A Halloween Boofest! – George learns about Autumn (Fall) and fun at the local Boo Festival!
4. Monsters Inc – Two loveable monsters befriend a two year old human that stumbles onto the Scare Floor!
5. Monster House – Three friends discover their neighbours house is a living, breathing monster!
6. Casper – A little ghost befriends the daughter of a ghost therapist that moves into his house!
Thanks for reading see you tomorrow!
Today’s prompt for #blogtober17 is Love. There are lots of things I could write about love but seeing as when I started this blog I was a new mum with a baby only days, maybe weeks old (can’t quite remember without going all the way back haha).
1. Constant love – From when they are tiny you are the person your baby depends on the most! They are content in your arms, they smile at the smothering of kisses, they calm at the sound of your voice. Now Aoife is not so tiny there is still a constant flow of love. I come in from work and she comes bounding to the door, shouting “mummy!!!” And the sheer force of her grabbing my legs in embrace about knocks me over! Then of course there is that need and want to have some alone but at the cost of distressing your child. Every now and then when I try to escape for a bath I will dip my toe in and get called back downstairs to Aoife!
2. Bedsharing – I’m including this because it takes up a huge chunk of my parenting. Aoife began sleeping in our bed around the age of 4 months (thank you 4 month sleep regression!) Yes, she still sleeps in our bed a good 80% of the time but who can blame her! Mummy and Daddy sleep in a bed together and she is expected to sleep alone with no warm body to snuggle against! Yeah I can see where she is coming from and why she prefers it. Again the downside here is lack of personal space but I have to remind myself there will come a time when she will depend on me less and won’t be sleeping with her bum in my face!
3. Breastfeeding – Again something else that has made up a large chunk of my parenting is breastfeeding Aoife. Oh my goodness don’t get me wrong it hasn’t been a breeze but I really have loved every minute. Aoife still depends on “googie” quite often for comfort and to sleep at night which I have struggled with during pregnancy (my god the nipple pain!).
4. Every day is a lesson – I honestly feel you learn something new everyday as a parent! Nothing can prepare for each age and the way you have to adapt your parenting to suit it! The toddler years are very much in action here. Every day is different, we cannot predict what her mood will be that day. But as much as the tantrums are testing, she is hilarious and makes me laugh everyday!
5. The strength it gives me – Having Aoife to focus on and set a positive example to has massively helped me cope with having alopecia. Without her I could of easily of sunk into a dark place but she keeps me happy!
Thank you for reading!
See you tomorrow!
Day 11 and our prompt is kitchen. Now I love my little house. We live in a two bed terrace and it is generally quite spacious the only downside being we have a tiny kitchen! Not even big enough for a fridge. We do have one but it is in front of the back door. Luckily we have double doors in the back room so can still get into the yard!
Anyway here is my wishlist! (I’ve narrowed it down to 5 items haha)
1. A Belfast Sink
I think I love the country kitchen feel of these sinks more than anything and they are just so spacious!
2. American Style Fridge Freezer
We had family just recently purchase one of these and the space in it is amazing! To have a freezer I could fit lots in would be great!
3. Tumble Dryer
As a household that use cloth nappies, cloth sanitary and other bits and bobs similar not having a tumble dryer can be a pain in the bottom. Maybe not one as large as the picture below but it would certainly come in handy 😂
4. An Aga
Again I think my daydreams about a big house in the country come into play here but I would love an aga!
5. Lastly, an electric mixer!
I have wanted one of these for aaaaaages! Mainly thanks to GBBO haha
There you have a it. A bit of brief one from me but I am determined to complete Blogtober17!
See you tomorrow!