In our family traditions vary but here is my list of 12 Christmas Traditions I would like to start with my daughter 🙂
1. An alternative advent calender. This year Aoife had a Toot Toot Calender. Next year I am considering the Book advent calender or a wooden animal one 🙂
2. Christmas Eve Boxes. This year Aoife’s Aunty made her a lovely Christmas Eve Box with new pyjamas, a santa key, Reindeer Food and a believers bell! This is something I would like to continue and adapt as she grows 🙂
3. Christmas Stockings. Some people don’t do them but my family always have.
4. A visit to Father Christmas. This year Aoife met Father Christmas twice and seemed to enjoy it!
5. Chilling out on Boxing Day. Aoife spent Boxing Day this year playing with her new toy with Daddy and Mummy.
6. Visiting family on Christmas Day. On Christmas Day we have my parents to visit, Luke’s parents, my maternal grandparents and Luke’s Uncle and Aunty.
7. The Nativity Story. This year Aoife was too young to understand but next year I am planning to introduce Aoife to the origins of Christmas. We will be purchasing the Lanka Kade Nativity scene.
8. Pantomime. This year I went to a panto without Aoife but next year I think she might be old enough for it!
9. Decorating the Christmas Tree. We always aim to put the tree up the first weekend of December.
10. Christmas Dinner. Christmas dinner for us is always a turkey dinner wherever we are.
11. Christmas Cards. Next year we are going to make our own together.
12. Finally, we will be introducing a Kindness Elf for Aoife (an alternative to the creepy Elf on the Shelf)
Let’s end with a photo of Aoife enjoying her 2nd Christmas 🙂
Thanks for reading.