Day 6 of the #12daysofparenting16 collaboration and I have chosen to talk about things you can do to prepare for Christmas!
I will be the first to admit I can be very scatty and as my partner likes to say “the most unorganised organised person!” haha but even so here is my list of 12 things to do to prepare for Christmas!
- Write a list of all the people you need to buy gifts for and start to gather inspiration for what they might like!
- Create a wishlist on Amazon or other online shopping websites and order what you need online! So much easier than going out shopping!
- Stock up on wrapping paper in the sales! I try to get what I can each year then I don’t need to worry about the fact I need to wrap presents but have no wrapping paper in the house!
- Make sure you have gift tags, sellotape and scissors! All very handy for when it comes to wrapping the gifts you have purchased.
- If you are hosting Christmas day, write a list of all the people that will be attending so you know how many places you need to set at the dinner table!
- Write a list of food items you need to buy to prepare Christmas Dinner!
- Remember to pre-order the Christmas Turkey in advance!
- When it comes to buying gifts, set a budget in mind so you know how much money you have to spend on gifts come payday! Next year I may even try buying gifts throughout the year to spread costs!
- Make sure you have batteries in the house for when you will inevitably need them for a child’s toy!
- Make a list of people you wish to send Christmas cards to and make sure you have stamps for those that need posting!
- Get the decorations down and decorate the Christmas tree.
- And finally make sure you have all wrapping sorted and you can relax on Christmas Eve ready for a fun filled Christmas Day!
Thanks for reading!