Day 2 of the #12daysofparenting16 collaboration and I have chosen today to write about 12 Highlights of 2016.
Now 2016 has had a mixture of high and low moments for me this year and as I am feeling a tad down this evening I thought thinking about the positives of my year would make me feel better 🙂
- Aoife’s 1st Birthday (November 2016) My baby turned 1 in November and for me this was a massive highlight of my year! Despite my reluctance to accept my squish is growing up!
- Family Weddings (July & August 2016) This year we had 3 weddings in the family! The first was my cousins, the second was Luke’s brothers (at which he was also Best Man!) and the third was my Dad’s half sister!
- Getting Promoted (October 2016) I went back to work in August following maternity leave and ended up getting promoted in October!
- Baby Sister Getting into University (August 2016) I was a super proud big sister when my little sister got into University!
- Friends Getting Engaged (July & October 2016) This year two of my oldest and closest friends got engaged! I am very much looking forward to recieving invites to two weddings in the future!
- Aoife’s Many Milestones. 1st smiles, 1st words, 1st food, 1st time crawling… you get the picture 🙂
- Becoming a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter (June 2016) In June I completed an NCT course to become a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter to support new mothers in their breastfeeding journeys!
- Being published in my local NCT newsletter (Autumn 2016) I was approached to feature a blog post I had written in my local NCT newsletter! Seeing my words in print really was lovely 🙂
- Brother completing a Marathon and various other long runs for charity (October 2016) The younger of my two brothers completed various runs during the month of October raising money for a close family members charity and a cancer charity. Considering all he has been through this truly was an amazing accomplishment!
- Brother losing 2 stone with Slimming World! The older of my two younger brothers decided this year he wanted to lose some weight and in just a very short space of time has managed to lose over 2 stone! His sheer determination is something to be admired!
- Finding the Alopecia UK Facebook Group (August 2016) This year, following the birth of my daughter, I began to lose my hair. Six months later I was diagnosed with alopecia and it is still coming out thick and fast. Thankfully I discovered a group of Facebook full of people going through exactly the same as me, that could understand the torrent of emotions I was going through.
- Receiving my “Golden Boobies” (November 2016) I reached 1 year of breastfeeding, something I am extremely proud of!
Thank you for reading 🙂