My first post of the collaboration will start with; 12 Things I Love About This Time of Year!
- Christmas! This one surely goes without saying! Christmas always just seems like such a happy time of year! People are extra kind and send each other well wishes for the year! Plus lots and lots of family time (but more on that in 4 numbers time!)
- Wrapping up warm! As much as I appreciate the warmth of the summer sun, I burn very easily as I am very fair! I love everything about wrapping up warm, especially being snug and cosy! This time of year I am often found going the whole hog! Thick coat, scarf, hat, gloves and even ear muffs!
- Fresh Winter walks. There is just something wonderfully refreshing about being outdoors in the winter breeze, obviously minus the rain (that is not so wonderful to me!)
- Buying gifts. I really enjoy Christmas shopping! I have enjoyed it twice as much this year, especially as this time last year I had a 3 week old baby! I didn’t know morning from night and can barely remember Christmas Day!
- Extra family gatherings! Although ideally we should always make time for our families when you have a huge family with loads of aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins once removed (I could go haha!) it can be difficult to get everyone together! This is why I enjoy our annual family party (for my dad’s side of the family!) so much!
- Christmas lights on houses. Nothing cheers me up on a dark winter evening than seeing houses decorated with colourful, tacky Christmas lights all over their houses!
- Christmas trees. The most anticipated event in the run up to Christmas day! Decorating the Christmas tree!
- Candy Canes! It is no secret I am a massive sweet fiend and oh my goodness I do love a Candy Cane!
- Christmas Cards. I love writing as it is but I really love making my Christmas card list and then ticking names of as I write their cards!
- Time off work! A lovely bonus to Christmas day! Getting time of that you didn’t request off months in advance!
- Warm, snuggly evenings at home. Heating on to warm the house, pyjamas on the body, Christmas film on the TV and a warm cup of tea! Bliss!
- The anticipation of a new year! I really love New Year! Compiling a list of hopes and wishes, new years resolutions and goals and wondering how far you’ll get! (What can I say, I like writing lists!)
Thank you for taking the time to read! I have really enjoyed writing my first #12daysofparenting16 post! It’s not too late to join!
A picture of my tacky silver tree to spread some Christmas cheer 🙂